- High School:
- Lenawee Christian School
- Graduation Year:
- Primary Position:
- Secondary Position (s):
- 185 lbs
- #1 Most Memorable Game:
- Last years homecoming game against Colon. I had an interception and the game tying touchdown as we ended up winning on a last second field goal. It kept our playoff hopes alive at the time and was just an electric atmosphere
- Pre-game Traditions:
- Listening to some music, trying to get my mind right. Then the guys lock arms and pray right before we go out.
- Post-game Traditions:
- Our school provides a nice place to eat and hangout with the team. It's awesome because it gives the fans, especially the little kids, a chance to come say hi.
- Athlete you try building your game around:
- One person I look up to is Adrian Peterson. The perseverance he showed last year with the injury was so impressive. Also the way he runs the ball cannot be matched.
- Anticipated Major:
- Business or Kinesiology
- 3 years varsity
- Greatest High School Achievement:
- I received Div 7-8 first team all state at linebacker and was the first all state football player in school history. I have also maintained a 3.9 GPA throughout high school.
- Offseason Goal (s):
- We want a chance to win the league and gain a playoff birth. Our school has never had a league title and has never won a playoff game. We work hard every day to change that.
- Varsity 2012-
- 152 total tackles
- 3 pass breakups
- 1 interception
- 3 forced fumbles
- 691 yards rushing
- 8 total touchdowns
- Colleges that you are interested in:
- Taylor, Grand Valley State, Saginaw Valley State, Hope, Hillsdale, and Hobart
- Colleges that have shown you interest:
- Taylor, Hope, Hobart, and Hillsdale
- I have always been taught to lead by example, and that's what I look to do on every snap. I may not be the biggest or strongest guy, but effort can go a long way.
- How I play the game:
- I try to be both smart and coachable. I look to learn, ask questions in practice, watch extra film all in an effort to gain some kind of advantage.
The D Zone - How has recruiting been going so far for you this season?
Brad Harrah - "Hopefully I can get a few more looks, but overall it's been alright."
What has been your biggest challenge in High School football so far?
Brad Harrah - "Our school has struggled in recent years with numbers. Over my high school years there have been multiple times where a team wasn't certain. So that was definitely a struggle, having to deal with the possibility of not playing the game I love with my closest friends."
What has been the most memorable part of high school football?
Brad Harrah - "The bond between teammates that grow over the course of the season. There is a different connection felt between teammates on the football field than any other sport. It's incredible."
What have you been doing since football season ended?
Brad Harrah - "Focusing on balancing school, lifting, and other sports."
What are keys to performing at your positions?
Brad Harrah - "Playing both ways demands some pretty good conditioning. Running back and linebacker requires you to love hitting people and getting hit, and that's what I enjoy."
What are some personal goals you have set for this upcoming season?
Brad Harrah - "I'd like to get back onto the 1st team all state team for a second time."
If a college coach was interested in having you play on his team and asked you why he should accept you on his team, what would you tell him?
Brad Harrah - "I lead not only on the field, but also in the classroom. My passion is being out between those lines battling with my teammates."
Which game stands out the most to you in the 2013 season?
Brad Harrah - "Every game is important but beating last years league champs in week 3 would set the tone for the rest of the season."
Who is the best player you lined up against on the field?
Brad Harrah - "This quarterback in my freshman year. I was playing defensive back and he would run right by me. I thought to myself, man I need to get faster."
Other comments or accolades, awards, etc.?
- Div 7-8 AP first team all-state linebacker, All-Lenawee County, All-SCAA
- HUDL Highlights