- Lakeview scored 213 points in 2010 an average of 20 points per game, while allowing 189 points an average of 18 points per game.
- Over the past 5 seasons, Lakeview has a record of: 24-23.
- Over the past 10 seasons, Lakeview has a record of: 33-59.
- Lakeview only reached the playoffs in 2010 with a 7-4 record.
- Lakeview joined the MAC in 1987 after leaving the Bi-County Conference.
- Lakeview was in the MAC Blue from: 1987-1992, MAC Gold from: 1993-1994, MAC Silver from: 1995-1998, MAC Gold from: 1999-2000, MAC Silver from: 2001-Present.
- Since 1950, Lakeview's record is 190-316-14.
August 25th - Notre Dame Prep
September 1st - at Marysville*
September 9th - Lamphere*
September 16th - at Warren Woods Tower*
September 23rd - at Lake Shore
September 30th - at South Lake
October 7th - Clintondale*
October 14th - Fitzgerald*
October 21st - at Clawson
The Huskies will be aiming to get back into the playoffs and improve on their 2010 season. A good way to kickoff the season is by playing a non conference opponent that will not effect if Lakeview makes the playoffs or not. Last year Lakeview traveled to Pontiac and shutout Notre Dame Prep, 27-0. In week 2, Marysville will be awaiting Lakeview and MAC Silver division games will begin. Lakeview gets one more home game against a tough Lamphere team before traveling to: Warren Woods Tower, Lake Shore, and South Lake. In week 7, the schedule shapes up to be real favorable for the Huskies. Both of their last two MAC Silver opponents, Clintondale and Fitzgerald, are both at home. The MAC Silver will certainly be impacted in those final two games. And to conclude the regular season, Lakeview again travels, this time out west to Clawson.
Must Win Game:Clintondale
Player to Watch:
Latham Donald - RB
Latham Donald shared his thoughts on the upcoming season for the Huskies.
1. Can you comment on last year and the games, why 2010 was such a good season and what could of made it better?
Latham Donald - "Last year was the best year in Lakeview football history, we started off strong and if we could have kept that for the last 4 games,it would have been even better."
2. Whats some major improvements seeking from personally and/or team?
Latham Donald - "We have a whole new coaching staff with the exception of a few."
3. How has the team worked together over the off-season?
Latham Donald - "We worked in the weightroom and running directly after everyday since last season ended."
4. Which players besides you, should we keep an eye out on, both varsity and jv and possibly freshman?
Latham Donald - "On Varsity Kenny Kaufman, Ryan Bradely and Nino Genna. On JV, Zach Brush."
5. Biggest game: Either a grudge match or rivalry and whats home coming game?
Latham Donald - "The biggest game is at South Lake. Its a grudge match and we haven't found out what game is going to be homecoming yet."
6. Must win game?
Latham Donald - "Lake Shore, straight up."
7. Toughest team in Division and why?
Latham Donald - "Marysville. They have a returning quarterback who was a big factor last year."
8. Thoughts on non division opponents?
Latham Donald - "Our cross-over games are always tough, but we want to be flawless,And to do that we must beat everyone."
9. What will it take to win division?
Latham Donald - "A family effort."